Hi everyone, I am new here. Greetings!
I was helping in homework, but need help on the following please -
Roger: Do you play ___ violin or ___ piano?
Mark: No, I can only play ___ guitar.
Learning English | BBC World ServiceAlways use the definite article ...
c) with groups of people, and with musical and scientific instruments and animals when you are discussing them as categories:
- 'The hospital in Cheery Orchard Avenue is a hospital for the elderly and infirm.'
- 'The poor are always disadvantaged in contemporary society.
- 'Matilda is learning to play the trumpet; her brother plays the drums.'
- 'Who invented the telescope?' 'The first one was made by Galileo in 1608.'
- 'The Bengali tiger is threatened with extinction.'
- 'The Manx cat is native to the Isle of Man.