please recall the main content according to my reminder?

longxianchen

chinese
Hi,
If I want my students to repeat the sentence "he's bid his aparatment goodbybe after complaints from his neighbours about loss of sleep", Maybe I need to remind them by saying one or two words. For example, if I say "apartment", maybe maybe students will say:"he has bid his apartment goodbye". Then I remind again by saying "complaints", then my students finish the rest part of the sentence.
But before we get started, maybe I will instruct them: "please recall the sentence according to my reminder". Is it a right sentence? If not, what other expressions are commonly used here?
Thanks a million!!!!

Last edited:
  • boozer

Bulgarian
    Quite frankly, I would not understand this instruction. You would have to give me an example. Why don't you try something like 'I give you a word, you say the sentence in which you heard it'. Or anything simpler along those lines. By the way, it should be 'the biggest problem was' - singular problem. :)

Andygc

British English
    long... Please don't shorten the original post after people have responded. Now it is not at all clear what the context is, and the words you were considering are worth discussion.

< Previous | Next >