Please talk to me again

ceasar21

English /England
Hello All

Please would you be so kind as to help me. My girlfriend is mad with me and i wish to send her a text. Please would someone translate this for me.

Ewa Darling

I love you and miss you so much my very heart breakes. Please be the wounderful person that i know you are and talk to me again. My life is not the same without you

Always

Your Simon

• Monica610

Polish
    My translation:

Ewo Kochanie,
    Kocham Cię i tęsknię za Tobą tak bardzo, że moje serce dosłownie pęka. Proszę bądź tą wspaniałą osobą, ktorą znam, i porozmawiaj ze mną jeszcze raz. Moje życie nie jest takie samo bez Ciebie
    Zawsze Twój
    Simon

niko

French (France)
    Hi Monica, i just have a lil question about you translation. Why do you use caps for the first letter of personal pronoun ? Is it some style effect ? Is it something usual in polish texts ?
    Thank you !

n.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hi Monica, i just have a lil question about you translation. Why do you use caps for the first letter of personal pronoun ? Is it some style effect ? Is it something usual in polish texts ?
    Thank you !

n.
    Yes, if you use capitals in Polish for first letters of pronouns of 2nd person of singular and plural it expresses your respect for the person(s) whom you are writing to. To me it is usual and, I think, I always use it 9maybe with an exception to chatboards or IM--rare occasions, nonetehless). Some people (including me) use capitals for possesive pronouns too (Twój, Wasze, etc.).
    I am not sure but it seems to me that I was thaught that at primary school, are other Polish guys of the same opinion or it's just a matter of personal preference?

For the sake of clarity:

My translation:

Ewo Kochanie,
    Kocham Cię i tęsknię za Tobą tak bardzo, że moje serce dosłownie pęka. Proszę bądź tą wspaniałą osobą, którą znam, i porozmawiaj ze mną jeszcze raz. Moje życie nie jest takie samo bez Ciebie
    Zawsze Twój,
    Simon
    I know this was nitpicky, but I couldn't resist. :D ;)

Tom

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Niko, here is something that may be of help to you. It is in Polish (not too much) but since you are learning it... :)

Tom

< Previous | Next >