Please turn over (PTO)


Senior Member
English U.K.
In UK English I often write "PTO" at the bottom of a page (for "please turn over") when I intend that someone looks at the back of the sheet of paper. In French would I write "Retournez s.v.p." or anything similar?
  • wildan1

    Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    English - USA
    This French symbol for "more pages continue" is not used (or understood) in North America. I can't speak for British English usage, however.

    In a legal or other document where it is important to account for the total number and/or sequence of pages, you will sometimes find at the bottom of the page "Page 3 of 7"
    < Previous | Next >