plein et vide en sculpture

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by NMT001, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. NMT001 New Member

    How do you talk about the "plein" (what is full, ie where there is material) in sculpture in contrast to where there is a "vide" (ie empty/hollow space)?
  2. Dr. Baha'i Senior Member

    Athens, GA
    English - U.S.
    I would think that the hollow space would be a "creux."
  3. Tas

    Tas Senior Member

    Australian English
    I am also looking for an elegant translation for "de vides et de pleins" in an art sense.

    I've never really been able to find the right translation.

Share This Page