plural form of abbreviate word

• soccergal

English - US
    Just add a small s: TTSs.
    If your abbreviation uses periods, add 's: T.T.S.'s

Last edited:

Copyright

American English
    Thank you, :) however, i'm not sure about the second form..
    The Chicago Manual of Style agrees with soccergal -- or vice versa. :)

It also notes that "Noun abbreviations with only one (terminal) period usually form their plurals by the addition of s before the period."
    vol., vols.
    yr., yrs.

Welcome to the forum. :)

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    In British publication styles, once you add the final <s>, the full stop is omitted. (This arose out my dealings with Routledge in London.) Therefore, <ed.> is the abbreviation for 'editor', but <eds> is the abbreviation for 'editors'. In Copyright's examples, we would see vol., vols, yr, yrs. (No stop in 'yr' because the last letter of the abbreviation is also the last letter of the word - hence 'Mr', 'St' and so on.) Hence, in the original example, it would be TTSs.

leovox

Chinese
    The Chicago Manual of Style agrees with soccergal -- or vice versa. :)

It also notes that "Noun abbreviations with only one (terminal) period usually form their plurals by the addition of s before the period."
    vol., vols.
    yr., yrs.

Welcome to the forum. :)
    :thumbsup: You are really so appreciated.

leovox

Chinese
    In British publication styles, once you add the final <s>, the full stop is omitted. (This arose out my dealings with Routledge in London.) Therefore, <ed.> is the abbreviation for 'editor', but <eds> is the abbreviation for 'editors'. In Copyright's examples, we would see vol., vols, yr, yrs. (No stop in 'yr' because the last letter of the abbreviation is also the last letter of the word - hence 'Mr', 'St' and so on.) Hence, in the original example, it would be TTSs.
    :) Thank you!

< Previous | Next >