Plural of "Super Mario Bros."

< Previous | Next >

yoshi_s_island

Italian
I want to refer to two games, Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 2, without listing them separately.

Is Super Mario Broses the correct plural form? Or, being "Super Mario Bros." a title, I should say the two Super Mario Bros.?

• Glenfarclas

English (American)
    Is Super Mario Broses the correct plural form?
    Definitely not.

Or, being "Super Mario Bros." a title, I should say the two Super Mario Bros.?
    Not that either. Assuming that you have already introduced the fact that you are talking about these games, your best bet will be to say something like "the two Mario games" or "both Mario titles." It's difficult to be very specific without knowing the particular context in which you're seeking to use the phrase.

yoshi_s_island

Italian
    Definitely not.

Not that either. Assuming that you have already introduced the fact that you are talking about these games, your best bet will be to say something like "the two Mario games" or "both Mario titles." It's difficult to be very specific without knowing the particular context in which you're seeking to use the phrase.
    An area (of another game, of which I am writing) pays homage to the two Super Mario Bros. games. That's what I want to express.

< Previous | Next >