połączenie specjalne

Matron

English - England
Hi there,

I just need some help with this phrase:

I'm thinking it is basically: Premium-rate telephone number - although "Special Call/ Connection" might be the literal translation...

Context:
połączenie specjalne – telefoniczne/faksowe połączenie lub przesłanie wiadomości tekstowej/multimedialnej, którego koszt jest inny niż wynika to z normalnej taryfy telefonicznej, obowiązującej przy połączeniach typowych

This is taken from Art. 3(k) - in the Rada Reklamy Code of Ethics in Advertising - here

Translation:
special call – telephone/fax call or sending a text/multimedia message the cost of which is different than arising from the normal telephone tariff in force for typical calls

• Gochna

You're right, it is basically a "premium-rate" call, because I don't think that the "different cost" could be lower than "the normal tariff in force for typical calls".

You're also right saying that the literal translation is "special call", and it pottentially leaves the option for a lower cost.

Matron

English - England
    You're right, it is basically a "premium-rate" call, because I don't think that the "different cost" could be lower than "the normal tariff in force for typical calls".

You're also right saying that the literal translation is "special call", and it pottentially leaves the option for a lower cost.
    Great! Thanks very much... :)

RobertMiernik

Polish - Poland
    You are right and wrong in the same time ;)

The special call can be cheaper, this is for example special number 0800 and 0801 this are free and single charge numbers.

Thats why they are informing about the "charge like for one minut of the connection at mobile provider" (or something like that, I don't remember exact phrase)

Matron

English - England
    You are right and wrong in the same time ;)

The special call can be cheaper, this is for example special number 0800 and 0801 this are free and single charge numbers.

Thats why they are informing about the "charge like for one minut of the connection at mobile provider" (or something like that, I don't remember exact phrase)
    Thank you!

< Previous | Next >