poca preparación

rightterm

Spanish
Barreras que limitan el acceso de los jóvenes al empleo:

1.- Falta de acceso a información sobre oportunidades de trabajo.
2.- Limitadas habilidades y competencias demandadas por el mercado laboral.
3.- Poca preparación para la búsqueda de empleo y entrevistas de trabajo

TRANSLATION:

Barriers that prevent youth from getting a job:

1.- Lack of access to information about job opportunities.
2.- Limited competencies and skills required by the labor market.
3.- Limited training to search for a job and have a job interview.

I am not sure if "limited training" is Ok, and particularly if "limited" is ok. in this context.

• gengo

American English
    "Lack of preparation for job hunting and interviews."

Preparación is a tricky word to translate. It can be preparation, experience, or training, but those three words in English have quite distinct meanings. In the OP's context, I think Masood's suggestion of experience is the best fit. That is, the text seems to be saying that young people are at a disadvantage because they lack the requisite experience in job search. Saying that they lack preparation puts the blame on them, implying that they failed to do their work, whereas I think the intended meaning is simply that they are inexperienced because they are young.

Aguas Claras

UK English
    Preparación is a tricky word to translate. It can be preparation, experience, or training, but those three words in English have quite distinct meanings. In the OP's context, I think Masood's suggestion of experience is the best fit. That is, the text seems to be saying that young people are at a disadvantage because they lack the requisite experience in job search. Saying that they lack preparation puts the blame on them, implying that they failed to do their work, whereas I think the intended meaning is simply that they are inexperienced because they are young.
    I see what you mean but I didn't interpret it like that. I understand it to mean that, for whatever reason, they don't have the necessary information on how to look for jobs and how to conduct themselves at job interviews. It might or might not be a criticism of them, which would also be true of the second point of the list ("Limitadas habilidades ....").

rightterm

Spanish
    Thank you very much for the information Gengo and Aguas Claras.

Your information is always useful to me.

Regards