pochłaniac

Maya2805

Polish, living in Canada
Hello all!I have problems with translating this sentence:"Praca pochłania mnie ogromnie, ale mam jeszcze trójkę cudownych dzieci, które dają mi motywację do wszelkich działań.""My work absorbes me greatly, but I also have three wonderful kids which give me the motivation to keep going"PS. The fact that her work is very busy is suppose to be a positive thing.I would appreciate your help! TIA,

• Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Hello all!I have problems with translating this sentence:"Praca pochłania mnie ogromnie, ale mam jeszcze trójkę cudownych dzieci, które dają mi motywację do wszelkich działań.""My work absorbes me greatly, but I also have three wonderful kids which give me the motivation to keep going"PS. The fact that her work is very busy is suppose to be a positive thing.I would appreciate your help! TIA,
    Hi,

I won't tell anything about the style, but I would suggest correcting one thing:
    "My work absorbes me greatly, but I also have three wonderful kids which who give me the motivation to keep going"

As to pochłaniać you can also try preoccupy, or I devote a lot of time... (if the job is time consuming), though I find your translation fine. :)

Tom

Maya2805

Polish, living in Canada
    Hi,

I won't tell anything about the style, but I would suggest correcting one thing:
    "My work absorbes me greatly, but I also have three wonderful kids which who give me the motivation to keep going"

As to pochłaniać you can also try preoccupy, or I devote a lot of time... (if the job is time consuming), though I find your translation fine. :)

Tom

Thank you so much Thomas!!