Point a la limite

Janty

English (U.K)
Could anyone help me with this phrase? The context is a discussion about the feeling of national identity.

"J’étais une mauricienne d’origine indienne. Point a la limite ; Je vivais ça de façon tout a fait ordinaire dans la vie quotidienne.."

Could it mean up to a point?

• tilt

French French
    The capital after the semi-colon isn't correct, so I wouldn't care too much about punctuation...

Janty, let me know...
    In the sentences preceding this text, isn't there another phrase containing à la limite? If so, point could be a kind-of-formal equivalent to pas, to mean not.

harrythelm

USA English
    Could anyone help me with this phrase? The context is a discussion about the feeling of national identity.

"J’étais une mauricienne d’origine indienne. Point a la limite ; Je vivais ça de façon tout a fait ordinaire dans la vie quotidienne.."

Could it mean up to a point?

The meaning is not at all clear. The "limite" she mentions seems to be in opposition to the normal life she was living there even though she was of Inidan descent. Several guesses can be made starting from there — not on the edges of society but rathe fully integrated ? — but they would be guesses. Sorry I can't be of more help.

< Previous | Next >