point by point

JotaI

Spanish, Spain
Hello specialized members!
I would like to explain how I obtain several points of a curve that represents the power genetared in a hydropower plant in terms of the water discharge and the net head.
I am thinking of the following sentence:
"... it is possible to obtain point by point the plant generation characteristic that relates the power generated to the..."
Do you think this is a correct use of the expression "point by point"? I would not like to make people believe that it is neccesary to obtain all the points of this curve.
What do you suggest?

Thank you very much. Correct anything you think is wrong, please. I still have many things to learn.
Kind regards and happy new year.

JI

• JotaI

Spanish, Spain
    No, I mean calculate. I substitute certain data in some equations to calculate the power generated in the hydro plant. By doing this again and again I obtain several points that can be plotted in a graph. But what I want to explain is how I calculate those points.

Thank you.

JI

dannyv

No, I mean calculate. I substitute certain data in some equations to calculate the power generated in the hydro plant. By doing this again and again I obtain several points that can be plotted in a graph. But what I want to explain is how I calculate those points.

Thank you.

JI
    How about this:

We can construct/generate a curve based upon a [modest] set of representative points that expresses the power generated in a hydropower plant in terms of the water discharge and the net head [heat?]. Once we have plotted a sufficient number of sample points, the general shape of this "plant chararcteristic curve" begins to emerge.

JotaI

Spanish, Spain
    Great!
    Thank you very much for your help. I always doubt whether or not to put the article when I list the a series of things.
    Regards.

< Previous | Next >