political, financial, cultural and social figures

Kräuter_Fee

Portuguese & Spanish
It is a hotel in which significant political, financial, cultural and social figures enjoyed their escapades under the Majorcan sun.

I would say that is wrong or at least it sounds really bad. It is refering to famous people from different fields. How could I re-write that? how about: "in which significant figures from different fields such as politics, finances, culture and show business..." (show business would replace social, I'm not sure about it either)

• It is a hotel in which significant political, financial, cultural and social figures enjoyed their escapades under the Majorcan sun.

I would say that is wrong or at least it sounds really bad. It is refering to famous people from different fields. How could I re-write that? how about: "in which significant figures from different fields such as politics, finances, culture and show business..." (show business would replace social, I'm not sure about it either)

"in which significant figures from the fields of politics, finance, culture and entertainment...."

LRV

The original sounds OK to me.
    It is a bit "messy" because of the four groups of people, but you're stuck with that list whatever structure you use.

Thank you both! Well, I liked Victoria's suggestion... the original sounds very weird to me especially because of "financial figures", it may be correct but to me it sounds like numbers...

Back