polyfoam mat

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member

I was wondering whether this ("polyfoam mat") was a word that was in use in the anglosphere or not.
In my country, we refer by this word to this type of mat. It's probably pretty much the same thing as a yoga mat, but we treat them separately here depending on what they're used for.
The type I'm referring to is usually used on beaches. (It's in no way restricted to this particular use, though, I just can't think of any other off the top of my head.)

Would you perhaps just call it a beach mat or plastic mat?

Thanks in advance.
  • owlman5

    Senior Member
    I'd call that a "foam mat", but I'd understand "polyfoam". However, I don't think I've ever heard anybody use "polyfoam mat" in a conversation with me.


    Senior Member
    English - England
    From a BE point of view, I agree with owlman5. This sort of mat is mainly qualified by the function it is supposed to serve: a foam beach/camping/sleeping mat.
    < Previous | Next >