portiques de distributeurs de boissons

Transzlator

English UK
Hello,

What is a portique when it's part of a vending machine?

Context: la fourniture, l'installation et la maintenance de portiques de distributeurs de boissons chaudes ou froides

I'm rather stuck on this one. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Kelly B

USA English
    I'm picturing something like a dispenser support, maybe a rod that a nozzle assembly can slide on, but it depends on how the thing works. And I could be completely off-base.

Transzlator

English UK
    Thanks for the response. Your guess is as good as mine. Based on the overall context, it cannot mean some small, specific part, because the services required are very general. Can it mean generally facilities? Like, ..."the maintenance of vending machines facilities..."?

Kecha

French (France)
    It makes me think of those metal structures that encases the actual vending machines in public spaces. It keeps people from tipping the machines over to unstuck the snacks or try and steal the money in. But I could be completely off-tracks, it's just a guess.

Transzlator

English UK
    Thanks for the response. Normally the document talks about "habillage", which would be that kind of casing for the vending machines, but there is just one place where "portique" is used. It probably means the same thing.

< Previous | Next >