Position as an assistant and accountant

sixmonths

Chinese
Hi there,

Is "Position as an accountant and assistant" right?

I am writing a cover letter and it is going to be the first sentence on it. I have two questions on the phrase:

1) "position of" or "position as"? It seems that both exist.
2) Am I supposed to have "an" before both "accountant" and "assistant", or one of it, or neither?

Thank you a lot for your help!!

• Tazzler

American English
    Okay. Thank you. Now I have a new question. Is this one position with two different sets of duties or two different positions entirely?

sixmonths

Chinese
    Thanks for coming back. It is a post with mixed terms of references, say, accountant 30% and assistant 70%. :)

Okay. Thank you. Now I have a new question. Is this one position with two different sets of duties or two different positions entirely?

natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    'Accountant and assistant' functions like the name of a position or job description, and presumably this is how it appeared in the advertisement. Having said that, I think it is not wrong to say an accountant and assistant.

Similarly, someone can say, (1) 'He is senior lecturer in the university' as well as (2) 'He is a senior lecturer in the university'. In (1) we would assume that 'senior lecturer' is the job title. This could be true of (2) as well, but it is also possible that 'senior lecturer' is a descriptive label, rather than the official title.

< Previous | Next >