position is not clear/or not indicated

brown poodle

korean
I am trying to write comments about a student's critical response of an article. Students were asked to discuss which of the ideas in the text they agree or disagree with and why. And I wonder if the comments below sound natural or clear.

Your critical response is mainly about an effectiveness of government intervention in the market. It looks like a continuation of a summary or part of an essay your economic instructor asked you to discuss. However, there is no analysis of the text and your position is not indicated or unclear.(I want to say the student did not say anything about whether he agreed or disagreed with any part of the text)

• lingobingo

English - England
    … there is no analysis of the text and your position is not indicated or unclear.​

The first thing to point out is that writing it like that makes it ambiguous, since the word “not” could apply to both indicated and unclear (i.e. it could imply neither indicated nor unclear!).

As always, your explanation of what you want to say — the student did not say anything about whether he agreed or disagreed with any part of the text — is infinitely clearer than the way you’re proposing to say it.