possesses a global footprint being strong

< Previous | Next >

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would please ask you if the expression in bold is correct in the following:
I believe that X Inc. is the ideal place to achieve my professional goals because of its extensive expertise in project finance, and, in particular, in P3 projects. The company, indeed, possesses a global footprint, in terms of clients and activity, being remarkably strong, besides Z, in Y, the best P3 market in the world.

Last edited:
  • natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    Yes, I agree that global footprint often has a different meaning and is not appropriate in your context. (It is often used in the context of of ecology and consumption.)

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    The company has a global presence and is remarkably strong in terms of clients and activity ...
    Yes, I agree that global footprint often has a different meaning and is not appropriate in your context. (It is often used in the context of of ecology and consumption.)
    Hi Copyright and natkretep, and thank you for your suggestions.
    Copyright, I have noticed that you omitted indeed; do you think that it is not appropriate or is it only a matter of style?

Last edited:

Copyright

American English
    Hi Copyright, I would please ask you: if presence is replaced by reach, should the article a be omitted in The company has a global reach and ...?
    You would still need "a global reach" – but "reach" doesn't sound as good as "presence" to me.

Copyright

American English
    Keep in mind that at some point, it’s simply a matter of personal style. Having said that, here’s the definition, with example, in full:

Global reach: the ability of a business to sell to customers in different parts of the world:
    The Internet gives small firms the sort of global reach previously enjoyed only by the largest.

So, by means of the Internet small firms can reach different parts of the world. But if you have a global presence, to me that means that you’re physically in those different parts of the world, not just operating over the airwaves.

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    Keep in mind that at some point, it’s simply a matter of personal style. Having said that, here’s the definition, with example, in full:

Global reach: the ability of a business to sell to customers in different parts of the world:
    The Internet gives small firms the sort of global reach previously enjoyed only by the largest.

So, by means of the Internet small firms can reach different parts of the world. But if you have a global presence, to me that means that you’re physically in those different parts of the world, not just operating over the airwaves.
    Thank you, Copyright, for your explanation.

< Previous | Next >