post on instagram sharing photo

dhejejjeskms

Korean
Hi, everyone.

I was wondering if the structure of the highlighted part is correct.
It seemed that "posted a photo of the team on instagram to share" is right.
Would you explain about that?
(It is from a Toronto Sun article.)

If you aren’t first, you’re last.

It’s a line heard in sports often and there is no athlete who embodies the spirit of fierce competition more than Kobe Bryant.

The 41-year-old former Los Angeles Laker has taken to coaching his daughter’s AAU basketball team in retirement and recently posted on Instagram sharing a two-year-old photo of the team with a caption that bluntly addressed the team’s performance and attendance.

“Here’s our fourth place ‘winners’ picture lol,” the caption reads.

Thank you so much.

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    He posted [published (intransitive)]
    on Instagram
    (adverial modifier)
    sharing a two-year-old photo of the team
    Participle phrase modifying "He"

{He, [who shared a two-year-old photo of the team,]} posted on Instagram

Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    Your question seems to be about "posted on Instagram sharing" vs. "posted on Instagram to share". The original is correct. "To share" can also be used there but the original is preferable.

kentix

English - U.S.
    It seems to be lacking a comma to me.

The 41-year-old former Los Angeles Laker has taken to coaching his daughter’s AAU basketball team in retirement and recently posted on Instagram, sharing a two-year-old photo of the team with a caption that bluntly addressed the team’s performance and attendance.​

dhejejjeskms

Korean
    It seems to be lacking a comma to me.

The 41-year-old former Los Angeles Laker has taken to coaching his daughter’s AAU basketball team in retirement and recently posted on Instagram, sharing a two-year-old photo of the team with a caption that bluntly addressed the team’s performance and attendance.​
    Thank you very much, kentix.

< Previous | Next >