postpone a training course due to unplanned events?

< Previous | Next >

sf_p

Italian
Hello all,
I need to (politely) inform some customers that the training we schedule on certain dates could be postponed/cancelled until 10 days before the starting date.

my proposal is:
The training course could be postponed or cancelled within 10 days from the scheduled starting date.
in any case, please contact us before booking flight tickets.

is there any other way to alert them without creating too much annoyance...?
any other correction on the whole text are weel appreciated :)

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    Your proposed sentence does not mean what you say it should mean. Suppose the training course is scheduled to start on November 19. Your first sentence says that it can be cancelled until November 9; after that, it will not be cancelled. Your proposed sentence says "within 10 days," which means it can only be cancelled from November 9 to November 18. Could you please try again?

Packard

USA, English
    In the unlikely event that the course needs to be cancelled or postponed, you will be notified at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled starting date.

Please note that this is not saying exactly the same thing at you seem to have proposed, but seems more logical to me.

Packard

USA, English
    You mean 'up to ten days before' . And I know that because I speak fluent Italian and if I translate 'until' back into Italian ..... ;)
    I watched Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita (with subtitles) so I speak fluent Italian too.:)

Last edited:

sf_p

Italian
    thanks all,
    london calling, you're right...unfortunately italian still influence me a lot :(

so, I definetely use these two options depending to the trainees:

1 . The course is subject to possible cancellation at any time up to 10 days prior to the scheduled start date - thanks lingobingo.
    2. In the unlikely event that the course needs to be cancelled or postponed, you will be notified at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled starting date - thanks Packard

< Previous | Next >