Potencia de renderizado

deanhall1978

England, Geordie
I am trying to translate an article on Graphics Cards.

"En estos sistemas la potencia de renderizado suele ser baja y si además se tiene en cuenta que la GPU usa los mismos módulos de memoria que procesador...."

I cannot find any reference to the word/verb renderizado. I have searched for renderizar but I could not find anything either.

Any suggestions?

• LaughingJack

US, English
    Well, to have a go at it, I believe it's talking about the rendering capabilities (potencia de renderizado) of the gfx card. It would be somewhat similar to "Potency of renderization" which is obviously not a good translation, but shows a bit of the development of the phrase during translation.

Renderizado would most likely be a bastardization of the word render that would only show up in a dictionary that is fairly new-age and tends toward or includes technical definitions/translations.

If you want anything more on it, gimme a pm and I might be able to help, as graphics and graphics cards are a particular interest to me.

Cheers

deanhall1978

England, Geordie
    "En estos sistemas la potencia de renderizado suele ser baja y si además se tiene en cuenta que la GPU usa los mismos módulos de memoria que procesador...."

In these systems the capacity which is used is usually low and in addition if you also take into account that the GPU uses the same memory modules as the processor...

This was my translation. Let me know if you think you could improve it.

Thanks for the reply

Dean

LaughingJack

US, English
    Hmm, assuming that it's talking about onboard graphics using shared memory, I think that it would be better to say something closer to "The rendering capabilities of these systems is usually low..." and to remember that the 'processor' here is the main CPU, which has to share memory modules (RAM) and a bus with the GPU. When the capacity is mentioned, that seems to me to talk about the amount of memory or maybe GPU clock cycles that it has to work with, which isn't really the case. That's why I'd tend toward capabilities. The problem with onboard gfx cards isn't really the amount of memory that it has or even the speed of the GPU but the fact that all of the information to and from the GPU has to cross the same bus as the memory used by the CPU. So, it's the bus that tends to kill/limit the abilities of these types of systems to render graphics.

Also, you might consider just splitting the sentence. To say, "In these systems the whatever you decide to go with here is usually low. Additionally if you take into account..." might flow a bit better than having one long sentence.

pommedeterre

Mexican Spanish
    I agree with LaughingJack, renderizado is a bad translation of render. Though, it can be found in Wikipedia and in some software manuals. I'm still looking for a good translation...

Smitch18

English, U.K.
    I suspect it is a contrived word for 'rendimiento', in which case it would be 'performance', and in your particular case 'performance levels'.

Pa0rk

Spain - Catalan and Spanish
    como dice @Pomme de terre , renderizado es una pobre traducción de render; y como dice @Smitch18, potencia en este contexto se refiere a performance. Por lo tanto, la traducción que creo más certera de potencia de renderizado es rendering performance.

Next >