Potluck Party (Sharing Food with Others)

< Previous | Next >

Grefsen

English - United States
I am having a "Getting Acquainted" potluck party tomorrow for my new class of adult education students and I would like to send an email reminder to the student from China who doesn't understand much English. Is there a Chinese word for "potluck" or an expression for a "potluck party"? If not, what would be a good way to explain to him in Simplified Chinese that his classmates will be bringing some food to class to share with everyone else? Does the following sentence make sense? (I am attempting to write "Tomorrow your classmates will bring food to school to share with everyone.")

明天你的同学会带食物到学校,和大家一起分享。

Xiè xiè! :)

• Ben pan

chinese
    Well, I never heard of 百乐餐,I think it is a new word. I guess it will become popular, but not now.

SuperXW

So far I haven't heard of 百乐餐 or 百乐聚会 either.

But since Skatinginbc has already provided its explanations in the brackets, I believe it's a good way to the introduce this term and culture. :)

Last edited:

Grefsen

English - United States
    Thank you so much Skatinginbc for your help! My student brought food to class to share with the others. :thumbsup:
    So far I haven't heard of 百乐餐 or 百乐聚会 either.
    Interesting that when I use Google Translate for these expressions here are the translations that I get:

百乐餐 - Tupper meal

百乐聚会 - Tupper party

But since Skatinginbc has already provided its explanations in the brackets, I believe it's a good way to the introduce this term and culture. :)
    Yes, I agree. :thumbsup:

< Previous | Next >