Pour représenter un produit

< Previous | Next >

Nickel

Canada, English
Hi, I was wondering if my sentence makes sense:

"Dans l'industrie de la publicité, ce n'est pas insolite de voir les femmes jeunes et minces pour représenter un produit.

The underlined part doesn't sound right to me, but I can't think of another way to put it. In english i'm trying to say :

" In publicity, it is not unusual to see small, young women representing a desired product."

Also, is there another word i could use instead of publicity? Advertising maybe? Thanks so much:)

• Franglais1969

English English, français rouillé
    Hi, I was wondering if my sentence makes sense:

"Dans l'industrie de la publicité, ce n'est pas insolite de voir les femmes jeunes et minces pour représenter un produit.

The underlined part doesn't sound right to me, but I can't think of another way to put it. In english i'm trying to say :

" In publicity, it is not unusual to see small slim, young women representing a desired product."

Also, is there another word i could use instead of publicity? Advertising maybe? Thanks so much:)

Nickel

Canada, English
    okay, but I'm more concerned with the french unlined part, because i do not find that it flows very well, any suggestions?

Orléans45

French
    First of all, If I may, I would not say in this context 'insolite' (I am not sure I would use this word in a negative context). Then, I think you are absolutely right when you say 'publicité' and I think we do not have a good equivalent of your 'advertising'. Regarding your sentence I would say 'Il n'est pas rare de voir des jeunes femmes maigres pour représenter un objet commercial' or 'il n'est pas rare de voir que des femmes maigres sont utilisées pour représenter un produit commercial'. I think you need to add the "commercial" bit to sound more French.
    Hope this helps !!

< Previous | Next >