powdery form

< Previous | Next >

Mary.28

Persian
<——Question has been given irs own thread by moderator (Florentia52)——->

Hi. I don't know how to say the powder produced while drilling is an indicator of complete eradication of caries! is the underlined part correct?
"In contact with this layer, drill produces soft filing and powder that varies from bright to dark colors. The best clinical criteria to ensure the complete eradication of caries is powdery form."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    <——-Comment no longer needed has been removed by moderator (Florentia52)——->

(Remember that criteria is plural. The singular is criterion).

Last edited by a moderator:

Myridon

English - US
    I think you should probably be asking a dentist how to describe it rather than grammar experts. No matter how hard we work at this, we're going to end up with a grammatically correct sentence that no dental expert would every say.

Mary.28

Persian
    Is it "the appearance of powder"?
    In contact with this layer, drill produces soft filing and powder that varies from bright to dark colors. The best clinical criterion to ensure the complete eradication of caries is powdery form.

Franco-filly

English - Southern England
    I feel the "criterion" needs to be a verb, such as examing,analysing..., not just a noun.
    e.g. the best criterion for ensuring an adequate intake of vitamins is to eat/eating a balanced diet.:rolleyes:

Mary.28

Persian
    but the powder doesn't need to be examined. If it is in powder form, then it's OK! It indicates the complete eradication of caries.

< Previous | Next >