précaution inutile

cinemass

English
I found this term in a text by Beaumarchais" Ce sont des couplets de La Precaution inutile, que mon maitre a chanter m'a donne hier.

I like to know what it refers to, is it a kind of music style, a form of opera?anybody can help, it would be nice.

Thanks

• Punky Zoé

Pau
    France - français
    The only thing I can tell you is "la précaution inutile" is the alternative title of "le barbier de Séville", does that helps?

cinemass

English
    The only thing I can tell you is "la précaution inutile" is the alternative title of "le barbier de Séville", does that helps?

No, it is used in the text of "Le Barbier de Seville", in the Act 1, Scene 3,Bartholo asked her"Quel papier tenez-vous la?", and she replying the qoute that I put in the original question..."Ce sont....."

rosieg

England, English
    I do not know the play but if you google it you will see that it is indeed used as an alternative title. In the play it says that it is a new comedy play. Perhaps a case of mise en abyme? Or a play of the era?

Monniemoo

English - U.S.A.
    Actually, I believe it was the title of an opera that Beaumarchais based his play off of. Also, it was used several times within le Barbier de Seville, a sort of motif of the play. It's one specific song sung within the play- or, at least, part of it is sung within the play, in Act III scene 4. It's a song about two young lovers together, Lindor and an unnamed girl.

Hope that helps ^.^

< Previous | Next >