Praticare la lingua sul posto

Florianap

Italy, Italian
Problema: come dire in inglese 'praticare la lingua sul posto'?? Ecco il contesto completo:

Weekend all’estero con la possibilità di praticare la lingua direttamente sul posto

Weekends abroad that allow to practice the language directly

• Florianap

Italy, Italian
    What a great solution, thank you!
    But how about 'Inoltre gli studenti avranno la possibilità di visitare le scuole di lingua direttamente sul posto'?
    I wouldn't use 'in situ' here, is it ok this version:

"Besides, students can visit the language schools first hand"

Florianap

Italy, Italian
    Ah, I see you are from Australia, next week I'm heading to Melbourne to teach Italian for a year! It's going to be a blast!!

Florianap

Italy, Italian
    Well, it means they can the schools see for themsleves and decide to go back there for an intensive course the following year

Florianap

Italy, Italian
    Sure thing!

Appoggiandoci alle scuole di lingua delle quali siamo agenti, organizziamo divertenti e interessanti weekend in Inghilterra, Germania, Austria, Francia, Spagna per praticare la lingua straniera studiata nel Paese in cui viene parlata. Il programma della gita prevede attività sociali ed escursioni oltre che l’alloggio e il volo aereo. Inoltre gli studenti avranno la possibilità di visitare le scuole di lingua direttamente sul posto.

My two cents:

By relying on language schools for which we are agents, we organize fun and interesting weekends in England, Germany, Austria, France and Spain to practice the foreign language studied in the country where it is spoken. The weekend packages include social activities, excursions, accommodation and flights. Besides, students can visit the language schools first-hand.

tranquilspaces

Okay, then I think your "first-hand" idea works well here after all!

Although I do wonder if it would be useful to clarify the benefit of visiting the schools first-hand?

Here's my version for your consideration... not quite as faithful to the original but hopefully more engaging in English.

In collaboration with language schools around the world, we offer fun and exciting weekend intensives in England, Germany, Austria, France and Spain, providing students with an opportunity to practice their foreign language skills in the countries where the languages are actually spoken. Our weekend packages include social activities and outings, as well all accommodations and round-trip airfare. This is also a great opportunity for students to visit the language schools first-hand
    .... (if they are considering a longer stay in the future?)

Florianap

Italy, Italian
    Sounds excellent, thanks a million! I'd still include the 'agents' bit though, because the school gets a fee for every student sent to language schools abroad.
    I agree, it's quite weird as a concept (visiting the schools before actually going there).
    Lastly,I thought "accommodation" was uncountabl?? But probably the plural form is used regularly in American English, isn't it?

JohnnyO

English
    If you will permit me.

In collaboration with language schools around the world, we offer fun and exciting weekends in England, Germany, Austria, France and Spain, providing students with an opportunity to practice their foreign language skills directly with native speakers. Our weekend packages include social activities and outings, as well all accommodations and round-trip airfare. This is also a great opportunity for students to experience prospective language schools first-hand.

< Previous | Next >