pray that + simple present

ibrahim ali

hindi
Hi everybody, would you please tell me that, do we use simple present tense after saying "pray that" as it is being used in this sentence "You better pray that I never find you".

Thank you!:)

• Ali Smith

Urdu - Pakistan
    Hi everybody, would you please tell me that, do we use simple present tense after saying "pray that" as it is being used in this sentence "You better pray that I never find you".

Thank you!:)
    Actually, it is followed by the subjunctive. It's just that in this sentence the subjunctive and the simply present tense sound the same. However, they diverge in sentences like "Pray that it happen soon.", where "happen" cannot be anything but the subjunctive.

Forero

Actually, it is followed by the subjunctive. It's just that in this sentence the subjunctive and the simply present tense sound the same. However, they diverge in sentences like "Pray that it happen soon.", where "happen" cannot be anything but the subjunctive.
    This is not true for AmE or BrE, is it? We say "Pray it happens soon" just as we say "I hope it happens soon."