pre-enema

< Previous | Next >

Garin

Czech - Czechia
(hope this post is not banned ;))

Dear all,

today I am working on something really special - a book on various sexual deviations written in a funny, popular way. One chapter is about Klismaphilia and this is where I found a sentence I am unable to decipher:
"And for people who aren't comfortable with expelling feces in front of a loved one, a pre-enema means any ensuing Klismaphilic activity is just good clean water sports."
I can understand the first half of the sentence, I can even understand the separate words from the second half, however, the second half does not make much sense to me as if something were missing (or redundant). Could you, please, explain what was the author trying to say?
Thanks for your help.

• Loob

English UK
    Hi Garin

I assume what it means is that when an enema has been administered beforehand, administration of the 'real' enema results in water being expelled, not faeces.

Wishfull

Japanese
    (hope this post is not banned ;))

Dear all,

today I am working on something really special - a book on various sexual deviations written in a funny, popular way. One chapter is about Klismaphilia and this is where I found a sentence I am unable to decipher:
    "And for people who aren't comfortable with expelling feces in front of a loved one, a pre-enema means any ensuing Klismaphilic activity is just good clean water sports."
    I can understand the first half of the sentence, I can even understand the separate words from the second half, however, the second half does not make much sense to me as if something were missing (or redundant). Could you, please, explain what was the author trying to say?
    Thanks for your help.
    Hi.
    I think "means" is typo of "makes", and "is" is redundant.

A pre-enema makes any ensuing Klismaphilic activity just good clean water sports.

Salt-and-pepper makes beef very delicious.

Subject verb object compliment.

Wishfull

Japanese
    No, Wishfull - the pattern here is:

X means [that] Y happens.

Thank you, Loob, for your correction.

Actually I thought of that by myself.

A pre-enema means that activity is sports.
    X means that Y is Z.

But it somehow seems difficult for me(non-native) to understand.
    Because I (non-native) thought that in this context,
    X can not mean that Y is Z.

So I changed the sentence structure and chose another verb "make".

I think it is the matter of the feeling/usage-of-the-verb;mean.

Thank you. I now understand the usage of mean. :)

< Previous | Next >