precise nature of the intervention

Discussion in 'English Only' started by rositakay, Dec 25, 2015.

1. rositakay Senior Member

Arabic
    Hi,

Passive movement: moved by the physiotherapist or by the patient (using their other arm). No active muscle contraction from the patient occurs during this movement of the fracture segment. Where possible, the precise nature of the intervention (direction of movement, i.e. flexion/ extension or pronation/ supination, or both; the type of exercise and its intensity, frequency and duration).
    As you can see the last phrase of the paragraph doesn't contain any verb. So what could be meant by "Where possible, the precise nature of the intervention"?Does it refer to "determining the precise nature of the intervention"?
    Source: Rehabilitation Assessment - HI
    Thanks,

2. suzi br

suzi br Senior Member

Cheshire
    English / England
    It is plain wrong, so it is hard to guess what the verb should be, in fact it looks like a whole phrase is missing.

3. Kirill V.

Kirill V. Senior Member

Moscow, Russia
    Russian
    I guess it might mean where possible the intervention should be "precise", i.e. move in the same direction, with stable frequency etc., so do not just move here and there at random

That's how I would have to understand this in the absence of any other clues