precision march, smart turns

raffavita

italian
Ciao a tutti,
:)
In ambito militare, come si traduce "precision march"?
E smart turns?

"The big grassy space served a stage for the precision march (of the Imperial Guard), the smart turns and the lunges with saber and bayonet."

L'ampia distesa erbosa serviva da piattaforma per la marcia di precisione??, per le abili ??? e gli affondi con la sciabola e la baionetta."

Aiutooooooooo! Qualcuno conosce i termini tecnici?
Grazie mille a tutti.

:)
Raffuzzicchio

• rrose17

Canada, English
    Ciao. I don't think "smart turns" is very technical, I think it's just another way to say "quick sharp turns" something like "le rapide svolte"?

baldpate

UK, English
    In raffavita's sentence, I don't think "precision march" refers the the particular piece of military music with that name. Rather, it means the act of marching with precision, of drilling using sharp, accurate, synchronized movements - possibly without any words of commands being given.

If you Google "silent drill" you'll find several modern examples of this art; it is now completely ceremonial, of course, but at one time (are we talking of Napoleon's Imperial Guard??) it would also have had a serious military intent.

raffavita

italian
    Ciao Baldpate,
    ;)

Penso anch'io che sia generico, a questo punto, anche sentendo il parere degli altri ragazzi che hanno partecipato al thread.

Prove di marcia sounds good enough to me.
    As for "smart turns," since I doubt we have an Italina equivalent equivalente, I'll go with "abili manovre".
    Grazie mille a tutti voi!!!
    ;)