Preferred weapon of choice.

hack3rcon

Russian
Hello.
I'm reading Mafiaboy book from Michael Calce and I want to know what does "preferred weapon of choice" mean? Can it mean "a weapon that like to use"?
"For example, some malware has the ability to deploy keystroke-loggers, harvest stored passwords and take screen captures of infected hosts. These techniques can enable criminals to obtain full identity profiles from victims as well as being able to potentially access their financial and personal data. "The same report notes that botnets are growing at a fast rate and have become the "preferred weapon of choice" for online criminals."

Thank you.

• boozer

Bulgarian
    It is the weapon that they prefer and choose to use.

However, it sounds to me somewhat tautologous. If you prefer the weapon, you will actually choose it. :confused: 'Preferred weapon' is good. 'Weapon of choice' is good. But 'preferred weapon of choice'... :oops:

hack3rcon

Russian
    It is the weapon that they prefer and choose to use.

However, it sounds to me somewhat tautologous. If you prefer the weapon, you will actually choose it. :confused: 'Preferred weapon' is good. 'Weapon of choice' is good. But 'preferred weapon of choice'... :oops:
    Thank you so much.

< Previous | Next >