Presence of a bidet in the bathroom

• Linnets

Not directly related to the bidet, but at least before the pandemics, in Italy it was not common to change the shoes worn outsite when coming into home (a habit that is common in Central-Northern Europe and Japan). We are so proud to have clean intimate parts due to the bidet and then we carry on dirt on our house floors...

Şafak

In Russia and Turkey we have bidet showers (at least, I do). Thanks god. The game is over for me when I'm not at home and the place doesn't have a bidet or a bidet shower when I need it.

Penyafort

Catalan (Catalonia), Spanish (Spain)
    Not directly related to the bidet, but at least before the pandemics, in Italy it was not common to change the shoes worn outsite when coming into home (a habit that is common in Central-Northern Europe and Japan). We are so proud to have clean intimate parts due to the bidet and then we carry on dirt on our house floors...
    Moms in Northern Europe: Kids, what you doing with your shoes on, the floor will get dirty!
    Moms in Southern Europe: Kids, put your shoes on, you're gonna get a cold! :D

nizzebro

Russian
    My 2 cents as thoughts about toilet paper culture, in particular in Russia

1) A lot of plants as burdock that had long been used for that purpose :) , a lot of trees so that paper is cheep

2) Adherence to western practices. Otherwise, we could probably be happy with water, as people of Muslim culture and maybe ended up using today some devices like bidet or cheaper and less complex.

As for the world in general, I guess toilet paper is a big business... that should be also taken in account. We think it is our personal choice, as something more hygienic or practical and aesthetic, but maybe we were just taught to use paper.

Last edited:

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    In Greece, as others have said, most houses no longer have bidets or bathtubs. They take up precious space, and also people seem to be showering more often. There's nothing better than washing under a stream of clean running water.

In summer, owing to the heat, it's advisable to shower several times a day, but briefly, to conserve precious water. In the colder months I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a lower-parts-only shower whenever I don't feel clean "down there". As a bonus, the feet get a quick rinse too.

We don't go in for fixed shower attachments, and I find the hand-held one very useful. It's also very practical for rinsing off the bathroom floor and fittings when cleaning. The water disappears down a drain in the floor (it can be easily opened and closed).