Press coverage

riglos

Argentina - Spanish
Hi all! I'd like to know how this translation I've made sounds to your native speakers' ears. It's about how a football match will be beoadcast in all types of media. Would you change anything?

Broadcasting and press coverage:

Press conference with the most representative members of the local media.
Press releases for publication in local, national and international newspapers.

NTA (Non-Traditional Advertising) in all sports and entertainment newsprograms. (I don't really know about this last one. Is there a specific word for these kinds of shows?)

Thanks a lot!

Mara.-

• BSmith

U.S.A. - English
    riglos said:
    Hi all! I'd like to know how this translation I've made sounds to your native speakers' ears. It's about how a football match will be beoadcast in all types of media. Would you change anything?

Broadcasting and press coverage:

Press conference with the most representative members of the local media.
    Press releases for publication in local, national and international newspapers.

NTA (Non-Traditional Advertising) in all sports and entertainment newsprograms. (I don't really know about this last one. Is there a specific word for these kinds of shows?)

Thanks a lot!

Mara.-

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say in the first sentence, and it's not a complete sentence.

Are you wanting to say something like "There will be a press conference with all local media representatives." ?

The second sentence would be better said as, perhaps, "Press releases will be available in local, national, and international newspapers."

Third sentence, uh...

"Non-traditional advertising (NTA) will be shown on all sports and entertainment television shows."

Not sure if I'm quite catching what you're getting at.

riglos

Argentina - Spanish
    Hi BSSmith! And thanks! This is a powerpoint presentation, that's why there are no complete sentences but just an outline for the presenter. The original contained verbless contrsuctions, and that's why I translated them that way. Would you advise me to write complete sentences anyway?

Now, as for my first sentence, the meaning I'm trying to convey is:

There will be a press conference with the most imporatnt members of the local media.

which, in its shortened, bulleted version would read:

- Press conference with the most important local media represenatives / members.

Which, in your opinion, is the best final version?

Thanks a million!

Mara.-

BSmith

U.S.A. - English
    riglos said:
    Hi BSSmith! And thanks! This is a powerpoint presentation, that's why there are no complete sentences but just an outline for the presenter. The original contained verbless contrsuctions, and that's why I translated them that way. Would you advise me to write complete sentences anyway?

Now, as for my first sentence, the meaning I'm trying to convey is:

There will be a press conference with the most imporatnt members of the local media.

which, in its shortened, bulleted version would read:

- Press conference with the most important local media represenatives / members.

Which, in your opinion, is the best final version?

Thanks a million!

Mara.-

Ah, okay...it'd be fine like that as a bullet point, then.

Your second example there is good.

What exactly are you trying to say by "the most important media reps" ? The way you have it worded, you're saying that there are important and less important media reps.