1. aydat3 New Member

    Hi everybody
    Any idea how this could be translated in French language ? The definition in the Collins English dictionary is :
    a secret chamber in certain houses in England, built as a hiding place for Roman Catholic priests when they were proscribed in the 16th and 17th centuries.
    Thank you very much
  2. SwissPete

    SwissPete Senior Member

    94044 USA
    Français (CH), AE (California)
    This topic has been discussed in another forum.

    Some of the proposed ideas: cache à prêtre, cachette à curé.

    Moi, je dirais : cache-curé. :)
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. mousse89 New Member

    Français - Canada
    Peut-être un « parloir » pour la confesse...
  4. aydat3 New Member

    Thank you, I should have better searched the site !!

Share This Page