Printmaking term?

romeobravowhiskey

Canada, English
I've an obscure question for any artists out there. 10 years ago when I studied lithographic printmaking I heard a term applied to a specific touche wash. It was french (I think) and meant "as the skin of the frog". I remember the pronounciation being something like "guadicapeau" but none of my contacts remembers the term exactly. Is it possible that it is "crapard aux peau" or something similar which I'm butchering in the pronounciation? Any input is welcome - thanks!

• charlie2

romeobravowhiskey said:
    I've an obscure question for any artists out there. 10 years ago when I studied lithographic printmaking I heard a term applied to a specific touche wash. It was french (I think) and meant "as the skin of the frog". I remember the pronounciation being something like "guadicapeau" but none of my contacts remembers the term exactly. Is it possible that it is "crapard aux peau" or something similar which I'm butchering in the pronounciation? Any input is welcome - thanks!
    Hi,
    If your "crapard" is actually "crapaud", then it means "toad", I think.
    Edit : la peau de crapaud ?

charlie2

romeobravowhiskey said:
    I think we've got it with "peau de crapaud". The Babel fish concurs - Thanks all, for your help!
    Our pleasure! :)
    I was doing my homework when I answered your post, so I didn't have the mood to ask this : What is this la peau de crapaud? If and when you have time, can you send me a private message ( because it may be off-topic and because perhaps not everyone is interested in it) to explain it briefly? Thanks.

< Previous | Next >