Prise unique possible

Kelly B

USA English
Hello, everyone,

This is a reply to the question (asking psychiatrists) Why would you prescribe this medication?

Answer Prise unique possible et pas de dependance.

I think it's:
May be taken by itself and no [does not cause] dependency.

Do you agree? The first part is the main concern.

Thanks!

• rayb

Chile - Spanish
    Kelly B said:
    Hello, everyone,

This is a reply to the question (asking psychiatrists) Why would you prescribe this medication?

Answer Prise unique possible et pas de dependance.

I think it's:
    May be taken by itself and no [does not cause] dependency.

Do you agree? The first part is the main concern.

Thanks!
    En fait, un médicament "à prise unique" c'est un médicament dont la dose et sa libération prolongée sont telles qu'il est possible de prendre un seul comprimé par jour. Les médecins les recommendent de plus en plus pour eviter des oublis.

I'm not sure, but I beleive that these medications are called "once per day" pills or applications.

I hope, this info will help you.

tab226

NYC
    US English
    rayb said:
    En fait, un médicament "à prise unique" c'est un médicament dont la dose et sa libération prolongée sont telles qu'il est possible de prendre un seul comprimé par jour. Les médecins les recommendent de plus en plus pour eviter des oublis.

I'm not sure, but I beleive that these medications are called "once per day" pills or applications.

I hope, this info will help you.
    I think that they are called slow-release or extended-release pills in this case. "once per day" can also mean a larger dose.

rayb

Chile - Spanish
    tab226 said:
    I think that they are called slow-release or extended-release pills in this case. "once per day" can also mean a larger dose.
    It seems to me that you are right, the translation of "médicaments à prise unique" would ratter be: "extended/slow - release pill/tablet/capsule". Even if sometimes they are taken for prriods larger or shorter than a day, most of them are effectively taken once a day.

< Previous | Next >