private messages

< Previous | Next >

Txiri

USA English
I just received one last night, asking me to please remit to the sender the English lyrics to so-and-so's song.

Are people becoming deliberately more obtuse and rude?

• cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Hi Txiri,

From time to time, such people show up in the forum. When you receive such a PM, please report it immediately, just as you report any post that goes against the forum rules.

Thank you :)

L'irlandais

Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    A question relating to this. When we report a private message then obviously a moderator can view the discussion. Does this mean moderators can view our private messages any time they like?

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Don't worry, we can't see anyone's conversations, even the reported ones. The report only contains the text of the reported message, the name of the sender and, of course that of the receiver who reported it.

L'irlandais

Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    Thanks cherine,
    I am not worried on WR. But another forum I frequently visit, some of the moderator team are bullying some of the members. I was a little worried the software allowed these rogue mods to spy on the resistance movement. I am using the pm system to gain support and organise contacting the owner of those forums to alert him to the problem.

< Previous | Next >