private/spare room

< Previous | Next >

eratea

chinese
If you come to my home, you can live in my private/spare room. which one is better to complete this sentence, private or spare?
Thank you in advance.

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    A private room and a spare room are completely different things. Can you tell us more about the room? :thumbsup:

eratea

chinese
    Thank you. Here we can share our own rooms with close friends. I mean private rooms, but I have no idea how native speakers say that. If your friends come to you home, what kind of rooms would you offer them? If I share them with my own room, I don't need to say my private room, just my room or my own room, am I right?

Hildy1

English - US and Canada
    You can share your room with a guest. (No need to add "private".)
    However, if you have a spare room (one that no one is living in), there is no need for you to share your room. The spare room can be used by the guest.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    As Hildy says:
    If you come to my home house, you can live stay in my room. / If you come to my home, you can live share my room.
    If you come to my home house, you can live stay in the spare room.

eratea

chinese
    You can share your room with a guest. (No need to add "private".)
    However, if you have a spare room (one that no one is living in), there is no need for you to share your room. The spare room can be used by the guest.
    Thank you

eratea

chinese
    As Hildy says:
    If you come to my home house, you can live stay in my room. / If you come to my home, you can live share my room.
    If you come to my home house, you can live stay in the spare room.
    Wow, so cool. Thank you.

< Previous | Next >