Problem in Understanding

hossein31

Persian
Dear friends!
What do you get from these sentences. Would you please paraphrase it in a simple english.

Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, "Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary"

• nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)
    Dear friends!
    hat do you get from these sentences. Would you please paraphrase it in a simple english.

Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, "Here is an opportunity for me to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary"

I have to confess that I've been staring at your post for some time now, trying hard to think of a proper answer. What makes it difficult is not because I don't understand the meaning of your sentence, but I'm afraid I can't paraphrase it well.....So here goes my try:

Try to believe in it when you say to yourself firmly: Here's the chance of a life time to do whatever I have to with my own power.

I'm sorry I don't quite get the "celebrate" part, what do you want to celebrate? The fact that you are who you are or the fact that you are living this life?

Suehil

Medemod
    British English
    Get into a mood that makes you say to yourself, "Now is a good time for me to rejoice more than I ever have in my own power and my own ability to do whatever is needed."
    Does that help?

Bodhisattva

France - French
    I would explain it this way.
    Image/visualize that you get to the point where you can tell yourself "This time I can celebrate like I have never done before, celebrate my own power, and celebrate my own ability to be able to do whatever I need to do"

I hope this helps.

LouisaB

English, UK
    Hi, hossein,

I don't know the context, but this seems to me to be an injunction to react positively to problems (rather than panic) - ie

When confonted by a problem, try to see it as a perfect opportunity to prove to yourself just how well you can deal with it.

Louisa