procès verbal de réception

Ami6

France, French
"Le client refusant de retourner le rapport d'installation (de fenêtres et d'un escalier) valant procès-verbal de réception, la Société X a adressé une lettre recommandée au client pour solliciter le règlement ..."

"Since the customer refused to return the installation voucher (of windows and a staircase), having the value of a .... completion voucher / acceptance certificate (?) ... the Company X sent a letter through registered mail to request payment ..."

There must be a standard phrase describing the document whereby a client confirms he is satisfied by the delivery(litteral translation of the French réception) of a construction job... but what is it ?

Thanks for you help!

• timboleicester

English - UK
    "Le client refusant de retourner le rapport d'installation (de fenêtres et d'un escalier) valant procès-verbal de réception, la Société X a adressé une lettre recommandée au client pour solliciter le règlement ..."

"Since the customer refused to return the installation voucher (of windows and a staircase), having the value of a .... completion voucher / acceptance certificate (?) ... the Company X sent a letter through registered mail to request payment ..."

There must be a standard phrase describing the document whereby a client confirms he is satisfied by the delivery(litteral translation of the French réception) of a construction job... but what is it ?

Thanks for you help!
    Do you mean satisfied with the work done by the contruction company? Otherwise I can't see that you can satisfied with a "delivery" Une livraison?
    Or do you mean delivery as in the execution of the work, how it was carried out?

I don't think there is such a document that is given to private customers to sign... I know that a large building project has to be "signed off" Sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited:

Ami6

France, French
    Well, that's exactly it, the building project has to be signed off...

In this case, the company sent an installation report, asking that the client return it, signed, implying he had approved of the execution or installation or fitting in of the windows and staircase...

And yes, when they say "réception" in French, they do mean execution, how it was carried out... obviously, a litteral translation here ("delivery") is not appropriate in English... (thanks for the feedback)

< Previous | Next >