profesional técnico en computación e informática

Discussion in 'Computers/IT/Informática' started by Songbird17, Apr 26, 2009.

  1. Songbird17 Senior Member

    How do I translate this? This is the title of a university degree. I have no other context just this.

    profesional técnico en computación e informática

    This is the best I could do at attempting it:

    Technical Professional (degree) in Calculation and Information Technology

    Thanks in advance for the help! :)
  2. zumac Senior Member

    Mexico City
    USA: English & Spanish
    What country is this degree title from, and what is the name of the university that issued the degree?

    The words "profesional", "técnico" and "computación" are normally not found in computer related degree titles in the US, and translating them into something applicable is almost impossible.

    If this is a bonafide degree, then I suggest something general like:
    Degree in Computer Sciences from the University of XXXX.

    I purposely did not use "B.S. in Computer Sciences" because I suspect that the subject foriegn university does not offer B.S. degrees.

  3. Songbird17 Senior Member

    Zumac, thank you. Actually, it is just a favor I'm doing for a friend I sometimes work with. He didn't give me more context, unfortunately. I guess this is the best that can be done. I will try to ask for some specifics and if I get them, I will come back here. For now, thank you!
  4. dickmafy New Member

    español (LA)
  5. Keahi Senior Member

    castellano, Perú
    My advice is that you visit websites job search such as usajobs, indeed, workopolis, monster, careerbuilder, etc.
    here you could find all professions in the terms that enterprises require.
    Not an equivalent in English, is a true term in English.
    And who knows maybe you'll find the best job of your life.:)
    Please, correct my English. Thanks.
    A hug.

Share This Page