professione libero professionista (farm., perito ecc.)

< Previous | Next >

ss_1

Russian, Ukrainian
Hi! Hope you can help me!

I've got a document : Verbale di ricezione di denuncia orale,
sporta da: ...., nato a... il...., cittadinanza, sesso, ecc. , then "professione libero professinista (farm., perito ecc.)". Can it be translated literally as "profession freelancer (pharm., expert. etc)"? Is that right?

I've got doubts as further in the text there's a phrase: Non ho alcun sospetto da esternare, non ho mai subito minacce anche nella mia attivita lavorativa che tratta il settore del mobile attraverso una mia agenzia che ha sede in Capena.

Is there really a difference in profession and occupation of this person? And if not, what does "settore del mobile" mean? I thought first, that it means producton of furniture, bur maybe there's another meaning.

Thanks in advance.

• ss_1

Russian, Ukrainian
    I've looked up the words, (and seen this site too), but I don't quite ynderstand. So, if the person is a freelancer in pharmaceutics, what about his mentioning "attivita lavorativa che tratta il settore del mobile"? I seem to be wrong in my translation of the second phrase then.
    Anyway, thanks for your help.

Hi ss_1.
    I think that "libero professionista" could be translated as "self employed professional" and yes "settore del mobile" means "production of furniture".
    What do you mean by "is there really a difference in profession and occupation of this person?". This person seems to be a self employed professional, an expert or consultant in the field of furniture production.

ss_1

Russian, Ukrainian
    And what about "professione libero professinista (farm., perito ecc.)". It's from the original text. I thought that stands for "farmacia" or "farmacista", and so I was confused.

I thought the document could be some sort of form, where there are blanks to be filled, such as "Professione: Libero professionista" and then some examples of possible professions in brackets (farm., perito, etc. )?

ss_1

Russian, Ukrainian
    I thought it was smth formal, but then again we have "farm." which stands for a certain field of knowledge, then "expert" which may be in any field, then "etc." Seems like a strange mess of words to me:(

Odysseus54

Mod huc mod illuc
    Italian - Marche
    A 'perito' is not an expert. He/she is a person who has undergone a specific technical/legal training which enables him/her to be a go-between between the public administration and private businesses, as well as to (rarely) be an advisor on technical matters related to the trade he has been trained for. Like a tax consultant would be in preparing your income tax return, but with different specializations.

As an example, see here for an explanation of what a 'perito agrario' is : http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perito_agrario

Italy is graced with a very large number of these 'professions', whose existence is mandated by the law and made necessary by the reluctance of the public administration to be transparent and approachable, and to even speak a recognizable form of Italian.

ss_1

Russian, Ukrainian
    Ah, I didn't know of such meaning, dictionaries say "expert". Thanks for your explanations. So it really seems like some sort of form with examples, then? But it's strange, because that's the only piece of text where such examples are present. Or could it maybe be just someone's negligence when drawing up this document?

< Previous | Next >