programme d’aide à la création dédié à la photographie

Beemouse

English (Canada)
Hello!

The title says it all[most]. I need to translate the following sentence :

"Le xxxx a lancé en 2008 un programme d’aide à la création dédié à la photographie contemporaine".

I can only think to write "The xxxx launched a programme in support of contemporary photography.", but I would like to include the notion of creation. I don't want to write "...in support of the creation of contemporary photography" because using the noun "creation" for photography seems incorrect to me.

Do you have any ideas?
Thanks!

• Beemouse

English (Canada)
    Hmmm, how about this:

"The xxxx launched a programme in support of creation, dedicated to contemporary photography.". A literal translation, but it works, non?

bing181

English (Australian)
    Not sure of the context - what you're translating this for, but I'd go for something like your first proposals. I understand that that omits "creation", but it's a word that in this context, doesn't have a direct equivalent in English. If you want creation in there, you perhaps need to look at phrases like ".... a program for the creation of contemporary photographic works" or even "... a program to support the creation of contemporary photographic works".

< Previous | Next >