prominent businesses

locco7_2000

English
Bonjour!
Good morning! :)

I was looking at the word 'prominent' in the wordreference dictionary and it says a number of things.. but the one's that might apply to my context are 'grand' et prééminent, I think. :confused:

Funny, because I was thinking of just saying reconnu :D.

Context.

The Hotel has easy access to Johannesburg’s most prominent businesses and the International airport.

Essai.

"L'hôtel a facile accès aux entreprises de Johannesbourg le plus reconnu et à l'aéroport international :rolleyes:

Or was it..
L'hôtel a d'accès facile..
I remember it being something like that when I was studying french at university. :D

Merci. ;)

• jierbe31

French from France
    Bonjour!
    Good morning! :)

I was looking at the word 'prominent' in the wordreference dictionary and it says a number of things.. but the one's that might apply to my context are 'grand' et prééminent, I think. :confused:

Funny, because I was thinking of just saying reconnu :D.

Context.

The Hotel has easy access to Johannesburg’s most prominent businesses and the International airport.

Essai.

"L'hôtel a facile accès aux entreprises de Johannesbourg le plus reconnu et à l'aéroport international :rolleyes:

Or was it..
    L'hôtel a d'accès facile..
    I remember it being something like that when I was studying french at university. :D

Merci. ;)
    Hello,

Your analysis is quite interesting.
    As a native speaker though, I would say : L'hôtel offre un accès facile aux plus importantes entreprises de Johannesbourg et à l'aéroport international.:)

holzff

France- french
    Hello,
    I don't like very much "offre un accès", which may be ambiguous. Isn't plain "L'hôtel est proche des....." more to the point ?

jierbe31

French from France
    Hello,
    I don't like very much "offre un accès", which may be ambiguous. Isn't plain "L'hôtel est proche des....." more to the point ?
    Hello,

I don't think so.
    "...easy access to..." doesn't necessarily mean that the mentioned businesses and airport are near the hotel. Or am I wrong?

locco7_2000

English
    Hello,

I don't think so.
    "...easy access to..." doesn't necessarily mean that the mentioned businesses and airport are near the hotel. Or am I wrong?
    No, I dont think you are wrong. :)

If one says 'near' in the translation... it strays from the original text.

< Previous | Next >