pronunciation - (ae)r@kwitli

< Previous | Next >

Demurral

BCN
Catalan, Spanish
Hi guys!
(ae)r@kwitli--->Which is this word?
(ae) is the sign as in the seconde a of "amanda".
the "r" is, in fact, the upside hook similar to a curve "r" that represents the Americand tap.
@ is schwa-vowel.

The difficulty that many still seem to feel in distinguishing between the two must eventually disappear as te relation grows taht no entity in human experience can (ae)r@kwitli defined as the mechanical sum or product of its phisical properties

Last edited:
  • Agró

Spanish-Navarre
    Hi guys!
    (ae)r@kwitli--->Which is this word?
    (ae) is the sign as in the seconde a of "amanda".
    the "r" is, in fact, the upside hook similar to a curve "r" that represents the Americand tap.
    @ is schwa-vowel.

The difficulty that many still seem to feel in distinguishing between the two must eventually disappear as te relation grows taht no entity in human experience can (ae)r@kwitli defined as the mechanical sum or product of its phisical properties
    Hay demasiados errores en esa frase como para tomársela en serio (me refiero a su rigor, su procedencia, etc.):
    te: the
    taht: that
    phisical: physical

En cuanto a eso que parece (pero no es) transcripción fonética, lo más parecido a una palabra que se me ocurre es adequately, que se transcribe de una manera algo parecida a eso:
    /'ædɪkwətli/
    De todas formas, aunque así fuese, debería haber un verbo be antes de defined.

Last edited:

Demurral

BCN
    Catalan, Spanish
    Hi Demurral!
    What is your question exactly :( ?
    My question has already been ansewered by agró. But THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

Hay demasiados errores en esa frase como para tomársela en serio (me refiero a su rigor, su procedencia, etc.):
    te: the
    taht: that
    phisical: physical

those errors were mine...:eek: the exercise was about transcribing an English text written in IPA into a text written in normal English. (By the way, it is an excerpt from Sapir 1933, that I found transcribed into IPA in "An introduction to Language and Linguistics", by Fasold & Connor linton) . And...

En cuanto a eso que parece (pero no es) transcripción fonética, lo más parecido a una palabra que se me ocurre es adequately, que se transcribe de una manera algo parecida a eso:
    /'ædɪkwətli/ ...this was the only word I could not understand.
    De todas formas, aunque así fuese, debería haber un verbo be antes de defined. I forgot the "be"...again my fault....thank you agró.

< Previous | Next >