propane is propane

Nehir

Turkish
To be honest, propane is propane.

What does "propane is propane" mean? The context does not give any clue, therefore I didn't add that.
Thanks in advance

• shawnee

English - Australian
    I fear that without further context all we can discuss is the meaning of propane and how the repetition is an emphatic expression of the fact. Is there some potential for explosiveness perhaps?

Copyright

American English
    You obviously have a source for this quote and that is required. You should also be able to give us an idea of what's going on.

George French

English - UK
    That's the sort of thing one would say if you there had been an explosion cause be leaking propane (+ a spark).
    Meaning propane is dangerous stuff...

But of course where is the CONTEXT, PMNehir?

GF..

Without context we 'ave no idea...

Nehir

Turkish
    Thank you all. I first though it was an idiomatic expression. Later on I realized it was literally "propane". I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone in this web site who answer my questions. I really appreciate it.

JamesM

<Moderator note: Please include the context every time, even if you don't think it's helpful. It's a requirement here, first of all, and often the context contains clues you might not catch.>

George French

English - UK
    Thank you all. I first though it was an idiomatic expression. Later on I realized it was literally "propane". I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone in this web site who answer my questions. I really appreciate it.
    Nehir,

Nevertheless, you state "The context does not give any clue, therefore I didn't add that." It gave you no clue, but nevertheless you can still post it. It might just give us a clue.....

GF..

< Previous | Next >