Propel headlong into tail

< Previous | Next >

Savoir

HK
Hello,

Does anybody know the meaning of this phrase "propel headlong into tail"? I don't have the context, or I could have guessed the meaning. I saw someone asking about this phrase in another forum. I've googled this phrase and I've found many that begin with "propel headlong into", but none of them end with the word "tail". I understand the phrase "propel headlong into", which means "jump right into", but what does it mean with the word "tail"? Thanks in advance.:)

Savoir

• TrentinaNE

USA
    English (American)
    Savoir, a search of Google and of the New York Times online archives turns up exactly ZERO hits for your phrase. I think that's pretty good evidence that it doesn't exit. ;)

Elizabeth

Savoir

HK
    Hi, TrentinaNE,

Thanks for your explanation.:) Though the google search result is zero, but one can always make new phrases with a given phrasal verb. I've been wondering what this phrase " propel headlong into tail" could mean?

Hi, Shamblesuk,

I found someone asking for this phrase on another forum. That person misspelt "headlong" as "heading" before, and corrected it then. I'm not sure if he/she has got the phrase 100% correct. I've been thinking, can it mean a helicopter dashing headlong into the tail, upside down?

Btw, I understand "propel headlong into a tailspin", but I think this should be a different phrase. Thanks for trying to figure out for me.:)

< Previous | Next >