proposer un embarquement

Ti Bateau

English
In a text by a non-profit organisation for the protection of dolphins, there is a paragraph requesting help from volunteers. Am I right in thinking that they are asking people to offer their time for dolphin watching, on board a boat, as opposed to offering a boat /boat trip itself?
Merci d'avance.

Qu’on soit jeune ou moins jeune ... qu’on dispose ou non de formation scientifique ... qu’on puisse ou non proposer un embarquement sur un navire pour une journée, une semaine …

• Garoubet

French - France, Quebec
    Not sure to understand the meaning; I understand the first part of the sentence but not "proposer un embarquement..." in this context.
    On the first part the "on" refers to the volunteers; I don't see how the volunteers would propose a boarding.
    It might be a mistake, and it'd be more meaningfull to read "qu'on puisse embarquer sur un navire pour une journée, une semaine..."

Ti Bateau

English
    Thank you for your swift reply Garoubet.
    I am not responsible for the French, but it would indeed make better sense if it were "... qu'on puisse embarquer ... "

SwissPete

Français (CH), AE (California)
    My understanding: ... whether or not you (volunteer) can board a boat ... , implying that if you can't, then we have other volunteer activities for you.

What is the continuation of what you quoted, Ti?

Ti Bateau

English
    Thank you SwissPete.
    I have just spoken to the author, & it is as tartopom suggested - they are asking for boat owners to offer trips for dolphin watching.

< Previous | Next >