Proto-Uralic verb endings?

ALT+F4

Italian
Hello.
Are there any authors that have reconstructed any verbal endings for Proto-Uralic verbs?
I read a paper by Frederik Kortlandt about the Info Uralic verb ( Indo-Uralic ), but I'd like to see a specific reconstruction for Proto-Uralic.
I have also seen by myself some similarities between Hungarian and Proto-Finnic: using the Uralic verb *ëmta- (to give) as an Example:
Hungarian adom, Proto-Finnic *andan, Finnish annan (I give)
Hungarian adod, Proto-Finnic *andat, Finnish annat (you give)
Hungarian adunk, Proto Finnic *andakmek / andakmak, Finnish annnamme (we give)
Hungarian adtok, Proto-Finnic *andaktek / andaktak, annatte (you all give)
In this case, Hungarian adom and adod are of definite conjugation: they mean "I give it", "you give it", while adunk and adtok are of indefinite conjugation.
Moreover, I read somewhere that the Hungarian conditional mood could be etymologically linked to the Proto-Finnic and Finnish potential mood, since both have a marker " n " inserted before the verb ending.
Hungarian adnám, P-F *antanen, Finnish antanen (I would give)
Hungarian adnád, P-F *antanet, Finnish antanet (you would give)
Hungarian adnánk, P-F *antanemek / *antanemak, Finnish antanemme
Hungarian adnátok, P-F *antanedek / *antanedak, Finnish antanette.
What's your opinion?
This is my first time writing on this forum, I discovered it today and I really like it.

• rushalaim

русский
    Hello.
    Are there any authors that have reconstructed any verbal endings for Proto-Uralic verbs?
    I read a paper by Frederik Kortlandt about the Info Uralic verb ( Indo-Uralic ), but I'd like to see a specific reconstruction for Proto-Uralic.
    I have also seen by myself some similarities between Hungarian and Proto-Finnic: using the Uralic verb *ëmta- (to give) as an Example:
    Hungarian adom, Proto-Finnic *andan, Finnish annan (I give)
    Hungarian adod, Proto-Finnic *andat, Finnish annat (you give)
    Hungarian adunk, Proto Finnic *andakmek / andakmak, Finnish annnamme (we give)
    Hungarian adtok, Proto-Finnic *andaktek / andaktak, annatte (you all give)
    In this case, Hungarian adom and adod are of definite conjugation: they mean "I give it", "you give it", while adunk and adtok are of indefinite conjugation.
    Moreover, I read somewhere that the Hungarian conditional mood could be etymologically linked to the Proto-Finnic and Finnish potential mood, since both have a marker " n " inserted before the verb ending.
    Hungarian adnám, P-F *antanen, Finnish antanen (I would give)
    Hungarian adnád, P-F *antanet, Finnish antanet (you would give)
    Hungarian adnánk, P-F *antanemek / *antanemak, Finnish antanemme
    Hungarian adnátok, P-F *antanedek / *antanedak, Finnish antanette.
    What's your opinion?
    This is my first time writing on this forum, I discovered it today and I really like it.
    Estonian verb is [andma] "to give".

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >