Puedo retirar las cosas de su mesa

Teby-Bear

Argentina Español
Hi, I'm from Argentina, and a friend of mine is working at a kind of a restaurant, similar ti McDonald's, but it's a more like a relaxed place, easier to work in, I think...

This is my firts post, so I don't know exactly how to do it...

What I'm need you to help me with, is to tell me expressions in english that he could use there to ask the people in english, if they are foreigners...

I'm looking for expressions like: "Puedo retirar las cosas de su mesa", or similar to that, beacuse I don't know even how to say it properly in spanish LOL... and some others phrases that I cannot came up with right know, but similars, or almost the expression above, said into a proper way in english..

I'd be really greatful if you could help me with this =D

bye!!

• Teby-Bear

Argentina Español
    ¿Puedo retirar su plato/bandeja de su mesa? =Can I take your plate or tray?
    Thanks very much for your answear, but I think I haven't been clear enough... I was aware of that expression, what's more "May I take you plate or tray", though I didn't remember the word "tray" as "bandeja" in spanish, but I'm looking more for a expression wich contain the words "platos" "tazas" "cubiertos" "bandejas", everything included into the expression... an expression wich can represent all those words into just one, Am I being clear??...

That was a handy answear, but if you or anyone else could provide me with something of I said above, it would be really nice...

Thanks again!!

Elsapo

México Spanish
    Lo único y simple que se me ocurre que no tiene nada que ver con platos es:
    May I clean your table?
    Are you done with that?
    May I take that away?

Tal vez puedes usar dishes en vez de plates.

:)

fenixpollo

American English
    Hi, Teby-Bear, and welcome to the forum.

How it works is this: you give us an exact phrase, with context information, a complete sentence, and your attempt at a translation. Please include the phrase in the title of your thread (not something general like "Restaurant Vocabulary").

Some suggestions:
    Hi, I'm from Argentina, and a friend of mine is working at a kind of a restaurant, similar to McDonald's, but it's a more like a relaxed place, easier to work in, I think...

This is my first post, so I don't know exactly how to do it...

What I'm I need you to help me with, is to tell me expressions in English that he could use there to ask the people in English, if they are foreigners...

I'm looking for expressions like: "Puedo retirar las cosas de su mesa", or similar to that, beacuse I don't know even how to say it properly in spanish LOL... and some others phrases that I cannot came up with right know, but similars similar expressions, or almost the expression above, said into a proper way in English..

I'd be really greatful if you could help me with this =D

bye!!
    If you have a question about a different phrase than "puedo retirar las cosas de su mesa", you can open a new thread on that subject.

Saludos.

Teby-Bear

Argentina Español
    Thanks for your help "fenixpollo"... Now I hope not to do things wrong LOL...

Thanks for changing the title of the thread, so it's OK now ;)

And also thanks for the mistakes' correction you made... Some things are because I missed a letter, or because I dind't paid too much attention... Thanks again...

bye!!

rodneyp

US, English
    Thanks for your help "fenixpollo"... Now I hope not to do things wrong LOL...

Thanks for changing the title of the thread, so it's OK now ;)

And also thanks for the corrections you made... Some things are because I missed a letter, or because I didn't pay (enough) attention... Thanks again...

bye!!
    Just some minor corrections for people who come along in the future.

< Previous | Next >